April 06, 2015

Guest Designer at STAMPlorations

Hey everyone!  I'm a Guest Designer over at STAMPlorations for their sketch challenge #31. I'm always so thrilled to GD there.  The products are awesome, the challenges are incredibly fun, the design team is super inspiring and, Shery, the owner/illustrator, is just fabulous.  :-). (And no, I was not paid to say that!  LOL!)


I hope you'll want  to join in on the fun with this fantastic sketch challenge.  Just take a look...


Awesome, right?  I had so much fun with this sketch.  Now, I didn't place my sentiment exactly where it shows on the sketch but that's okay.  You don't have to follow the sketch exactly.  Here's my card...




So first I die cut my medallion shape from a scrape piece of paper using my new Evolution die cutting machine.  It's by We R Memory Keepers.  What's cool about this machine is you don't need to remember all the different sandwich combinations for the different types of dies.  It has a dial the raises or lowers the platform to the right height. It eliminates all the complicated sandwiches and the need for more than the one or two plates.  It's awesome!  Anyway, once I had my die cut mask I stamped my poppies (STAMPlorations, Bloom Sketches set) in black.  Then using a previously cut out mask of the poppies (I always keep them) I covered them up.  Then I started sponging Soft Suede (SU!) ink all around the edges getting lighter in the middle.  I stamped the script (7 Gypsies) in the same brown ink but stamped off first so it would be subtle.  Then I splattered my heirloom gold Perfect Pearls mist (it's hard to see but you get a better look with the close up picture), and watered down Mellow Moss (SU!) and Walnut Stain (distress) ink.  Once that was dry I removed the masks.  I then coloured my poppies with my Spectrum Noir markers (DG2, DG4, DR5, DR7).  I die cut the birthday from black cardstock and adhered it to the card.  Then I stamped the wishes (part of a sentiment by Clearly Besotted) in black.  I'm quite pleased with how this turned out. Especially, the red poppies.  Red tends to bleed a lot regardless of the paper you use so I was happy I'd managed to control it fairly well.  :-)

I hope you'll take a stab at this fabulous sketch challenge too.  I would love to see you there!  And you really must go take a look at the DT projects.  So amazing!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Spectrum Noir Monthly Challenge - for April it's, use a die cut. STAMPlorations - anything goes challenge
Penny Black and More Challenge - birthday
The Mixed Media Card Challenge - flowers with the option of baskets



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday 

Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you all have an amazing day!

17 comments:

  1. Kim this is just so beautiful. Love the vibrant red of those poppies.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Kim, so clean and calm looking. Great to have you as GD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just awesome as GDT! Fabulous card (as always!) I am getting repetitive here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that new die cutting machine sounds awesome :) love your card too!! beautiful!! thank you for playing a long with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This card is over the top FABULOUS!!! Luscious job with the red!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take on the sketch! Congrats on your GD spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card from the sketch - congrats on being Guest DT. Your poppies are stunning on this and I love your background - thanks for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Kim~ Love your awesome card! Thiose poppies are pretty! Great to have you as GD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful Birthday card and super stamping and inking Kim.

    Thanks so much for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVELY red poppies Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The 'no sandwich' quality of the Evolution sounds great. This is a beautiful card , the black and red are stunning together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an eye-catching, beautiful take on the sketch, Kim! The poppies are stunning, especially placed against the pretty background frame you created (Yayyy for your die-cutting machine!). Love this!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful take on that sketch. Your poppies are gorgeous, Kim. Thanks for joining us at the MMCC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty poppies and lovey background! Thanks for joining at the Mixed Media Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this card Kim - LOVE!!! Thank you so much for playing along with the Mixed Media Card Challenge - much appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colour combination of soft earth tones and vivid red. Looks amazing!
    Thank you for playing with us at MMCC. Hoping to see you with us again in May!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!