July 21, 2015

Best Wishes

Hi!  Just wanted to do a quick post to share a card I made for a couple of challenges.  It's another one layer.  Surprise, surprise.  LOL!  I just can't help it. I love my one layer cards now!  They used to scare me but not anymore.  :-).   Take a look...


So, I masked off a section and sponged spiced marmelade and mustard seed Distress inks and and old pink ink, blending them.  I spritz some water on to create the water droplets.  I stamped my foliage (Fiskars) in black.  I wanted a couple of dragonflies too but I didn't have any that were small enough. But then I received the Lotus stamp set I won from Waffle Flower and there are two small dragonflies  that come with it. Bi used the smaller of the two and it was perfect!  I removed the mask created a narrow strip on one side and sponged black in an ombré look.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment (SU! Retired) in black.  Love how this turned out.  :-)

Well, that's all for now.  Thanks for dropping by and have a wonderful day!

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

CAS-ology - cue card is "line".
Time Out Challenge - nature with an option twist of animal.

7 comments:

  1. beautiful card Kim - have always loved this card design - so easy and effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous scene you have created! I am still weary of one layer cards! You can't cover mistakes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure gorgeousness!!! I love it when you use a lot of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doing OLC, you get used to them and now layers freak me! I love the warm feel to your card and he depth of the colours and great to see you at TO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the warmth of this and the touch of pink - I have to remember that because it looks fantastic! Love those tiny dragon flies too! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card...love the stamping and your colour choice for the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!