January 27, 2016

Hey Friend

Hi there!  Just popping in to share a card I made last night. I recently got some fun goodies from Paper Smooches and I finally got a moment to play with some of them.  Take a look...


I used the new set Curls & Swirls for this card.  I masked off the bottom of my card base and then I stamped (I almost used every stamp in the set for this!) my curls and swirls on watercolour paper and embossed in white.  Then I created a blended watercolour wash of four colours (red, orange, yellow and green) using my Spectrum Aqua markers and my broad waterbrush. Once this was dry, I added a strip of black houndstooth washi tape (Recollections) and stamped my sentiment (Paper Smooches, Calorie Free set) in black.  I love how easily the colours blended.

Well, I hope you are all having an awesome Wednesday!  Thanks for stopping by!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Paper Smooches January Challenge - use four colours (I chose from the inspiration photo)

 


6 comments:

  1. Love your card, simple and stylish. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite a neat card. It almost feels retro to me. Great blending

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colours and as you say they have blended so well...fabulous card.Nice stamps too...love swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curls and color are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the watercolour resist over the stamping. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Kim - love the modern style.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp this week.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!