March 12, 2016

Inkspirational Colour Challenge - Pink And Grey

Happy weekend, everyone!  It's supposed to be a fairly nice weekend in Jemseg, NB.  Above 0 degrees C and some sunshine.  Makes up for the snow that fell Thursday night.  Now we haven't have much in the way of snow in the past few weeks so we really can't complain but I find it hard to see that white stuff at this time of year. I just want Spring to be here!

Anyway, it's that time again for a new challenge over at Inkspirational!  It's a colour challenge this time.  We want to see pink and grey!


I wasn't sure what to do at first but then I started looking through my stencils discovering many I'd never used yet. I ran across a lovely one that gave me an idea.  Check it out...


I took my birch tree stencil (The Crafter'sWorkshop) and sponged on Victorian Velvet Distress ink and Grey Flannel Memento ink blending it together on my white cardstock panel.  I removed my stencil and splattered white acrylic paint overtop.  I attached some silver glitter tape on my card base so it would show above and below my panel once attached. I stamped my sentiment (STAMPlorations) in the Grey Flannel.  I loved how this turned out so much I created a second card but made it a one layer instead. Take a look...


I sponged the same inks over my stencil and splatter the white paint as well. I masked off a narrow strip which I sponged the Victorian Velvet Distress ink to create a narrow border.  I removed the mask and stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations) in the Grey Flannel.

Thanks so much for dropping by for a visit!  Have an awesome weekend!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, Kim; these are ingenious! You've created gorgeous wintry backgrounds with your birch tree stencil and ink combination. So dreamy...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love birch trees and they look so beautiful with the pink and gray background, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is a fab idea and these colours mixed make a great colour to be used with the stencil x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sponged softness of your cards! The colors work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the winter scene you created! It looks fantastic!! Have a great week Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really gorgeous- soft and ethereal. Poor you with the snow. We had a lovely sunny day today, sat in the garden for a short while for the first time this year (okay, we were in jumpers and jackets!) . But do you know the saying 'Ne'er cast a clout (clothes) till May is out'...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word! What a lovely project, Kim. Your pink and grey blending is flawless! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the colors!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM! Hope you join our newest challenge!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!