February 05, 2017

CUTplorations February Challenge

Hey everyone!  It's February!  Where does the time go?  My son will be turning 9 in 5 days!!  He's growing up so quickly.  He's having a Harry Potter birthday party on the 11th and I'm busily creating fun things for that at the moment.  It's taking over my life right now and even though I'm enjoying myself I think I'll be happy when it's over.  LOL.

Anyway, today we start a new challenge over at CUTplorations.  I really liked the photo inspiration this month.  Check it out...


Fun inspiration photo, right?  So many ways to interpret it.  This is what I came up with...

I started out trying something with watercolours and die cuts but it just wasn't working for me so I went a different route.  I loved the colours so I decided to use that as my inspiration.  I stamped my flowers (Buttercups and Butterflies set) on kraft card base and coloured them in with my pencil crayons.  I die cut my edge (Art Edges die set) and die cut my sentiment (Hello Word die) from teal cardstock.  I love how the colours look on the kraft paper.

Please, take a little trip over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's amazing cards.  I'm so lucky to be among such talented people!

There has been a few changes to the prizes this year.  Here's all the details:

- there's a $10 gift certificate to the winner voted by the Inspiration team
- there's a $5 gift certificate each to the 2 top picks
- If there are 30 or more entries, there will be one random winner of any 2 CUTplorations word/phrase dies used by the DT in that month's post.

Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit today.  Thanks so much for dropping by!

ATTN!
Guess what?!  Now, over at the STAMPlorations store, you can use my personal STAMPlorations discount code to save 20% off stamps, stencils and dies!  You can use it on regular and sale priced items.  However, it cannot be combined with any other discount codes.  Just enter in STAMPGIRLKIM in the discount code spot and you are good to go!  :-)  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!